Tuesday 18 July 2017

CRAFTY CALENDAR CHALLENGE - JULY - ANYTHING GOES

Hi there - hope it's as warm where you are as it is here!!!   Lovely sunshine and no rain or blustery winds thank goodness!  Anywobble,  here's my card for a mid-month reminder in the Crafty Calendar Challenge.  My image is from Bugaboo and she's a real cutie.



We have two sponsors this month so that means two very lucky winners!




Bugaboo Stamps



Our challenge is open until 28 July and as we have an 'Anything Goes' theme - the world is your lobster!!!  Please join in 'cos you know how we love to see your creations.

Ingredients

Image - Bugaboo 'Ava Swing'
Elisabeth Craft Designs Dies - Accordian Oval Card 772 die
Anna Marie Designs papers - 'Blissful Green' 6" x 6" pad
Green/Peach paper - Bazzill Basics Cardstock
Flowers - Unbranded
Leaf die - Unbranded
Sentiment - Penny Black 'Happy Snippets' Clear Stamps
Flexmarkers and Copics

Must add a note here to say that I love these Anna Marie Design paper pads, they are all 'shabby chic' with a distressed feel and there are six different colours - so of course I had to have them all.  Totally pretty!  As for the die to make the accordian card, I bought this ages ago but had never used it and when I was tidying up a few dies I 'found' it so had the sudden urge to try it out - what a shame it isn't a little bigger.

Whilst I'm here I thought I would give a couple of updates, first one is about Biscuit - I may have mentioned (a few hundred times) that he was born with kidney problems and whilst the disease is progressive we have regular checks - including blood tests and urine tests to see how he's doing.  We went last week and he'd managed to put on 400gms which is really good 'cos he had lost some weight prior to his diet change and medication.  His other results weren't too bad either so we are hopeful that the progression will slow down a bit now.

The second update is about the cavity I have left after my tooth extraction.  That was the most painful experience ever but thankfully it is now getting there, it's 6 weeks tomorrow since I had the bloomin' thing removed and the hole is still evident but at least it doesn't hurt - bliss!

I'll be going now, hopefully you are still awake and haven't nodded orf - so I'm sending lots of hugs and cuddles to you, please take care.


Love Suexxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sue, love the design and I agree, the papers are beautiful (I only have one set so I tend to hoard them!) Good news about your cat, sounds as if he's doing well. Glad your tooth (well non-tooth!) is a lot better, 6 weeks of dental pain- that was a truly horrible experience!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a gorgeous card. Love the fold, the pretty papers and your sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Susie! LOVE LOVE LOVE this beautiful card! Like you, I wish the Sizzix company would create these amazing dies in a card size that folds into 5x7. Your creation is marvelous, and I agree, the papers are fabulous. What I like about Bugaboo's images is that, like this image, they can be used as silliness incarnate, or beautifully put together like your card! gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx