Thursday 16 March 2017

CHRISTMAS CARDS ALL YEAR ROUND - MARCH - ANYTHING BUT A CARD!!


Hi there bloggers one and all - I'm posting my creation for the mid-month reminder of the CCAYR.  Our theme is 'Anything but a Card' and I love making Christmas gift boxes so I made another 'milk carton' type box for, say, a bottle of aftershave perhaps, or a new tie (the maestro loves fancy ties for work - just a little obsession of his!!)  Anyway I've made a gift box which is not 'fluffy' but more 'masculine' - just for him!






I made this 8" high box out of a piece of double sided A3 patterned card from Crafters' Companion.  The most difficult part was cutting the two diamond shapes out of the front and rear of the box.  The rest of the box was decorated with snowflakes which were sprayed with Crafters' Companion Stick and Stay and then covered in luscious gold glitter!  I used a piece of thickish acetate that I'd 'saved' from the package of some dies for the diamond aperture.  I'll have to put this somewhere safe for next year and hope that I can find it again (😉).

Check out what my teamies have created over on the CCAYR Challenge - if you'd like to enter, the challenge doesn't close until the end of March and there's this wonderful prize for the winner too!



I'd like to thank you for checking out this gift box and I do hope you can take part in our challenge.  You know I've said this before - you can never be too early for Christmas .............. sorry if I've just made you spit and splutter at the 'puter!!

Big hugs to you all, take care!

Love Suexxx


I would like to enter my gift box into the following challenges - 

CHNC Challenge Extra (Mar) - Anything Christmas Goes

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sue this is stunning I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's one stunning box, fabulous design and I love the card and embellishments, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue me wonderful blogging buddy,
    oh how gorgeous is this.
    Such a wonderful design, and I love the paper and your glittered elements.
    A very handy box for the Maestro's pressy I know what you mean about putting things away and forgetting where they are or all about them.
    One year I started my C shopping very early, and forgot I had got certain things so people got extra that year.lol.
    Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
    Peckies for Pidgy.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous gift box Sue, great idea to create a more masculine styled box... so tempting to go for 'all out sparkly girly!' You'll be very pleased you made this when the time comes to wrap Christmas gifts...if you can find it of course!!! :)
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning gift box created, love everything about it, beautifully done. It's great to have you join us at Season's Greetings, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Season’s Greetings Christmas Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great box. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge Good Luck! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous box! Holy cow this is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this is so beautiful with those rich colors! The gold snowflakes are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us over at Digi Choosday! ~ Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped back to say thanks for joining us at CaSS this month...so lovely to see you here!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just the cutest boxes ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Gold or Silver on your card" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful gift box. I'd say the gift is the box....no gift could be better than this....or could it? Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful gift box. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge Extra - Myrna DT. Also check out Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - a weekly “themed” Christmas Challenge & Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge - a monthly Patterned Paper Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sue...what a stunning creation. Thank you for joining us at Season's Greetings. Good Luck. Hope to see you again soon.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Season's Greetings DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous gift box, it's nice to see something 'masculine' for a change. I've fallen in love with the patterned card too! Thank you so much for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge!
    Love Jacky x
    Sparkles DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous box!! The gold make it so elegant. Thanks for playing along at Season's Greetings Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creation, Sue. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sparkles Christmas and we hope to see you again in April.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx