Sunday 2 March 2014

OSAAT DT CARD - CHALLENGE NO 202 - ANYTHING GOES

Good morning fellow bloggers and friends out there - yes it is me again - my third post this week and....... there's another card to post next week!   I had a couple of cards to make (one for the DT and one for the CCC) then I had a couple of birthday cards to make and - nearly forgot - a Get Well card.  Talk about all hands on deck, I seriously am in awe of those of you who have 2 or 3 DT cards to make a week and also those of you who post every day - I don't know how you do it, you are all marvels!

Well here is my DT card for the One Stitch at a Time Challenge blog.  This one even makes me smile because it looks like Blossom and her husband Donny (when she was a Dirty Gerty - prior to her BIG op).  Mind you she has put on some weight since then and we have had to put her on a diet - bless her.

Addition to my post:  If you can take a close-up look at the bottom left curve of the card .... do you see it??   There is a Greenfly toddling about - perhaps he likes the look of the flowers - he's definitely not dead!!!
 The two 'star' shaped flower heads are, in fact, not black but dark green and the little 'berry' type things were white but I coloured them green with my Flexmarkers.  They look much greener in real life - honest!
 I have popped a picture of the inside on here because I love this Cheery Lynn die, it really is glorious and looks so much like bobbin lace (Torchon style).
In case you are wondering (as if) I have left the centre clear so that I can put a sentiment/verse in there.  I've also left the bottom right-hand corner clear for a handwritten greeting.

Now I thought I would show you the real Blossom and Donny taken yesterday as they sat in the sunshine.   Donny is sitting on the little 'walkway' from the outside sheds to the greenhouse - Graham had to put this here to stop them jumping over onto the glass and going through - yikes!!!

Anyway enough of the fur babies - the Challenge is Anything Goes and the prize is a pack of 7 images from the Stitchy Bear Digi Outlet.  You really should pop over to see what my Teamies have created and then enter the challenge, the rest of the (very few) rules and information can be found there.
So why not give it a go, you've nothing to lose!


Ingredients
7" x 7" White Card Blank - Anna Marie Designs
2 Kittens image - Barbara Jensen @ Stitchy Bear Outlet
Circle Die - Tonic
Frond Finesse Die set - Tonic
English Tea Party Doily Die - Cheery Lynn
Label Tag Die - Joy
Rounded Corner Edge Scissors - Fiskars
Grey Card - DCWV Christmas Cardstock Stack
Light Orange Card - Core'dinations
Summer Breeze Paper Pad - First Edition
Snippets of green card for the fronds
Flexmarkers
Flowers - WOC and The Hobby House
Pearls/Gems - The Hobby House
Spiced Marmalade DI

That's my OSAAT card complete for this week, I hope you like the 'homage' to Blossom and Donny - I often caught her in similar poses before she became 'lusty-less'!!!  What I like is that Donny still seems to love her even though it's unrequited!!!  Bless!

Thank you for checking out my blog and also for your comments, they are lovely to read.  Once again I do understand if you can't leave me a comment, it's still nice for me to have you popping over!

Big hugs to you all and please take care.

SUE xxx

I would like to enter my card into the following 12 Challenges

33 comments:

  1. Donny and Blossom have put on a little weight since their image on your card. Lol! Great image and fabulous card Sue! Love and hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I love your card so much Sue. Such a wonderful image and I really love how you have coloured the cats to look just like Blossom and Donny. Gorgeous detailing too.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photo, it's good to know that they have remained friends!
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and a fantastic design .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is gorgeous Sue and the cute image really made me smile. I love your gorgeous flower arrangement and that beautiful doily. I really should use my doily dies more.

    Lovely to see the furry twosome's picture. Bless!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely cats! This is a gorgeous card, and your coloring truly does them justice. Love the colors and that orange doily on the inside. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cat-abulous cat, Sue! Love the photos of your dear kitties, too. You're background (inside and out) look amazing - all that work, and the pretty orange doily is a great touch (again, inside and out). But those sweet-smug expressions on the kitties are the best! Only a kitty can pull off smugness as sweet, right? Delightful card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Sue, such a gorgeous digi and using the orange doily inside and out really add the contrast to bring your card to life :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!!! I love the image Sue and you have coloured it so beautifully.the doily makes the card so lively and vibrant! love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I really love it. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue I love how you have coloured your cats and the cat image is just great. Your two cats are well settled in aren't they?? They are lovely. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card you made and great coloring! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Susie, I love your card...what wonderful colours and all those embellishments are just lovely too. I'm so happy to see the inside of your card too. Your REAL cats are soooo cute as well. What a wonderful card and blog post!!

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Sue. What a pretty card inside and out. Love your flowers, image and die cuts. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny- DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, another gorgeous card Sue! LOVE the expressions on those kitties and all the wonderful flowers etc. Your own furbabies look so sweet too, and that's from a non-cat person! Atchoo!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Sue love that image so typical. Your two beautiful cats look like they are soooo chilled! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blossom and Donnie have the purrrrfect home! I think you were born to be a Kitty Momma. ou have such a lovely heart.

    Your card is a sweetie! Those little kitties do look like yours...you have colouredthem well. But I think they are posed at one of those "Slimming Mirrors" cuz your kitties are slightly... errr... wider!!! lol

    Beautiful card Sue. I love all your details. The swirl and floers are beautiful (loved the little green fly getting in on the action too! I think he said to himself..."if those kitties are getting featured today, I am going to get in on the action too".
    Loved the inside of your card too. That doily die is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is just beautiful and I love your two furry friends too! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs. Have a great day! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sue, this is a beautiful card, love the flourishes and flowers and those cats are so cute...as are the real ones! What a lovely photo of them enjoying a bit of sun..great to see their piccies! Hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sue,
    me wonderful blogging mate.
    Thank you for your wonderful comments on my work.
    This a a very lovely creation yet again. I love everything you have used on this gem of a creation, and WOW that doily die is super.
    Now it's funny as your little greenfly addition, makes me think of last week at singing practice. We had some song sheets penned and then photocopied for us and there immortalised for life was some sort of bug residing on the bottom of the page. lol.
    Poor thing he must have got squashed in the photocopier part of the printer.
    Love and hugs to all in the P household.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey you!! yes I'm back on my feet well kind of LOL had to put me glasses on to see the bloomin greenfly ohhh old age isn't good. Well creaky bones is doing ok..that will teach him to try and catch a ketchup bottle quickly and trap a nerve !! but I've told him if they have to wheel us both into the NEC I am going!!!! hahahahaha this card is gorgeous and your Christmas one is amazing too, mine was rubbish I threw it together :(( Anyway enough waffling hope everyone is ok..love the photos of the lovely couple :))) hugglessssssssssssssssss to everyone Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sue this is darling. I thought of the Disney movie "Aristocrats" when I saw this scrolling up. Then I read it's better to be 'your own kitties'. So delightful & cute. Love that CL doily, very refined with this courting couple. Loved your beautiful flowers & trims too. Even the inside was finished off so pretty. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely card I love the shape. Thank you for joining us at Cards Galore Encore challenge 3
    Gemma DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is so purr-fectly lovely and sweet! Great image and the doily is a wonderful design element as are the curved corners. Really nice! Thanks for joining us this week at MTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a cute card!
    Thank you for joining us at Sunflowerfield Designs.
    Hugs, Mari

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice card, thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card Sue! Love the colours and cute image!
    Thank you for sharing at My Time to Craft this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great images, beautiful flowers and love the dp you used!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute card and Love the inspiration! Thank you for joining us at the Cards Galore Encore Challenge #3 -Using stamp or Digi Stamp Anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card, Sue! Love all the pretty details! And your fur babies are beautiful too! Have a great weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, you make my day!
Hugs Sue Pxxx